Sara Collini and Brianna Nuñez will be at the Middle States Council for the Social Studies Conference in Tysons Corner, VA on March 2 and 3, 2018. Sara Collini will be presenting “Eagle Eye Citizen: Online Engagement with Civics” on March 3 at 11:15am.RRCHNM@
Sheila Brennan will be leading The Networked Curator, a digital literacy workshop for curators from February 7 – 9, 2018 at the Getty Center in Los Angeles.RRCHNM@
Sarah Collini will be presenting “Eagle Eye Citizen: Exploring Civics, History, and Primary Sources” at the Sources Conference in Orlando, Florida, on January 27, at 10.00am.
Come see RRCHNM showcase Eagle Eye Citizen in the 2018 ED Games Expo at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts on Monday, January 8 from 10am-8pm!
See more than 100 learning games and technologies in action at the 5th annual ED Games Expo. Technologies at the Expo are for children and students age 3 to 18, and cover a range of topics in education and special education across STEM, reading and writing, social studies, and social and behavioral development.
The Expo is free and open to the public.
Date/Time: Monday, January 8 from 10am-8pm
Location: The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, 2700 F St. NW, Washington, D.C.
Contact Edward.Metz@ed.gov with questions.
There are four sessions involving RRCHNM on the program at the 132nd Annual Meeting of the American Historical Association in Washington DC:
(1) Teaching Hidden History: Learning by Developing Digital Modules (Saturday, 1/6/2018, 1.30PM-3.00PM) Kelly Schrum & Nate Sleeter
(2) Arguing with Digital History: A Roundtable on Using Digital History to Make Arguments for Academic Audiences (Saturday, 1/6/2018, 1.30PM-3.00PM) Stephen Robertson & Lincoln Mullen
* The white paper to be discussed in this session can be found here
(3) Diplomacy in Action: Diplomacy Simulations in the Classroom (Sunday, 1/7/2018, 9.00AM-10.30AM) Gwen White
(4) Understanding Sacrifice: A Lens for Studying WW2 through Art, Science, Literature & History (Sunday, 1/7/2018, 12.30PM-4.00PM) Jennifer Rosenfeld & Christopher Hamner
Also, on Friday, 1/5/2018, from 11.30AM-2.30PM, you can also find an RRCHNM table in the Affiliated Societies Display, in the atrium outside the exhibit hall in the Marriott Wardman Park.RRCHNM@
Kelly Schrum will be presenting at the Annual Conference of the National Council for the Social Studies, in San Francisco, on November 17, 2017.RRCHNM@
The Research Division will be holding a Project Workshop at 12 noon in the lounge at RRCHNM.
The Research Division is in the early stages of developing a tool that will allow digital projects to visually represent and give credit for the work that is done by team members over time. During the project workshop, we’ll be discussing what teams would need from such a tool, what we should consider as we get started, and what other tools and resources address this need.@RRCHNM
Sheila Brennan is leading an unconference session on “Radicalizing Objects in History Museums” and presenting in the session “Confronting Theories of Museum Greatness” at the MCN conference in Pittsburgh on November 8. On November 9, she is leading the session “Engaging Curators! Inclusivity and Collaboration Across Institutions.”RRCHNM@